With your completion of the prerequisites and necessary years of experience, you are firmly grounded in the knowledge requirements of today’s security professionals.
This course will expand upon your knowledge by addressing the essential elements of the eight domains that comprise a Common Body of Knowledge (CBK)® for information systems security professionals.
The course offers a job-related approach to the security process, while providing a framework to prepare for CISSP certification. CISSP is the premier certification for today’s information systems security professional.
It remains the premier certification because the sponsoring organization, the International Information Systems Security Certification Consortium, Inc. (ISC)2 ®, regularly updates the test by using subject matter experts (SMEs) to make sure the material and the questions are relevant in today’s security environment.
By defining eight security domains that comprise a CBK, industry standards for the information systems security professional have been established.
The skills and knowledge you gain in this course will help you master the eight CISSP domains and ensure your credibility and success within the information systems security field.
- Analyze components of the Security and Risk Management domain.
- Analyze components of the Asset Security domain.
- Analyze components of the Security Engineering domain.
- Analyze components of the Communications and Network Security domain.
- Analyze components of the Identity and Access Management domain.
- Analyze components of the Security Assessment and Testing domain.
- Analyze components of the Security Operations domain.
- Analyze components of the Software Development Security domain.
Lesson 1: Security and Risk Management
- Topic A: Security Governance Principles
- Topic B: Compliance
- Topic C: Professional Ethics
- Topic D: Security Documentation
- Topic E: Risk Management
- Topic F: Threat Modeling
- Topic G: Business Continuity Plan Fundamentals
- Topic H: Acquisition Strategy and Practice
- Topic I: Personnel Security Policies
- Topic J: Security Awareness and Training
Lesson 2: Asset Security
- Topic A: Asset Classification
- Topic B: Privacy Protection
- Topic C: Asset Retention
- Topic D: Data Security Controls
- Topic E: Secure Data Handling
Lesson 3: Security Engineering
- Topic A: Security in the Engineering Lifecycle
- Topic B: System Component Security
- Topic C: Security Models
- Topic D: Controls and Countermeasures in Enterprise Security
- Topic E: Information System Security Capabilities
- Topic F: Design and Architecture Vulnerability Mitigation
- Topic G: Vulnerability Mitigation in Embedded, Mobile, and Web-Based Systems
- Topic H: Cryptography Concepts
- Topic I: Cryptography Techniques
- Topic J: Site and Facility Design for Physical Security
- Topic K: Physical Security Implementation in Sites and Facilities
Lesson 4: Communications and Network Security
- Topic A: Network Protocol Security
- Topic B: Network Components Security
- Topic C: Communication Channel Security
- Topic D: Network Attack Mitigation
Lesson 5: Identity and Access Management
- Topic A: Physical and Logical Access Control
- Topic B: Identification, Authentication, and Authorization
- Topic C: Identity as a Service
- Topic D: Authorization Mechanisms
- Topic E: Access Control Attack Mitigation
Lesson 6: Security Assessment and Testing
- Topic A: System Security Control Testing
- Topic B: Software Security Control Testing
- Topic C: Security Process Data Collection
- Topic D: Audits
Lesson 7: Security Operations
- Topic A: Security Operations Concepts
- Topic B: Physical Security
- Topic C: Personnel Security
- Topic D: Logging and Monitoring
- Topic E: Preventative Measures
- Topic F: Resource Provisioning and Protection
- Topic G: Patch and Vulnerability Management
- Topic H: Change Management
- Topic I: Incident Response
- Topic J: Investigations
- Topic K: Disaster Recovery Planning
- Topic L: Disaster Recovery Strategies
- Topic M: Disaster Recovery Implementation
Lesson 8: Software Development Security
- Topic A: Security Principles in the System Lifecycle
- Topic B: Security Principles in the Software Development Lifecycle
- Topic C: Database Security in Software Development
- Topic D: Security Controls in the Development Environment
- Topic E: Software Security Effectiveness Assessment