Learn how to identify and apply security techniques in this course.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- describe the importance of securing information.
- identify the different ways to guard yourself against social engineering exploits.
- describe the security practices related to computers, mobile devices, networks, and the Internet.
- maintain the security of the files and folders stored on your computing devices.
- identify and protect information against risks associated with the cyber world.
- identify potential security incidents, ways to respond in the event of a possible breach, and measures to prevent a security breach.
- identify methods to keep the cloud and virtualized environments secured.
Lesson 1: Securing Information
- Topic 1A: Examine Information Security
- Topic 1B: Implement Physical Security Measures
- Topic 1C: Examine Cyber Security
Lesson 2: Guarding Against Social Engineering Exploits
- Topic 2A: Identify Social Engineering Exploits
- Topic 2B: Counteract Social Engineering Exploits
- Topic 2C: Evolve Social Engineering Organization Policies
Lesson 3: Identifying Security Measures
- Topic 3A: Strengthen Desktop Security
- Topic 3B: Strengthen Software Security
- Topic 3C: Strengthen Browser Security
- Topic 3D: Strengthen Network Security
- Topic 3E: Secure Wireless Networks
- Topic 3F: Strengthen Mobile Security
Lesson 4: Maintaining File System Security
- Topic 4A: Implement File System Security in Windows 7
- Topic 4B: Back Up and Restore Data
- Topic 4C: Dispose of Data Securely
Lesson 5: Guarding Against Attacks
- Topic 5A: Protect a Computer from Security Threats
- Topic 5B: Protect Computers from Virus Attacks
- Topic 5C: Protect Computers from Social Network Threats
Lesson 6: Handling Security Breaches
- Topic 6A: Identify Incidents
- Topic 6B: Respond to Incidents
Lesson 7: Identifying Cloud Computing And Virtualization Security Methods
- Topic 7A: Fundamentals of Cloud Computing
- Topic 7B: Fundamentals of Virtualization