Advanced Diploma in Industrial Design equips students with techniques from different areas of technology which are related to industrial product design. After learning the principles and theory of industrial design, students engage in practical assignments for industrial design (2D & 3D), modelling and simulation. They will also learn practical product designing, from theory to implementation and subsequently from conceptual design to the production of end products. This allows students to apply their knowledge in design, modelling, analysis and aesthetics. They can develop concrete industrial products that are suitable for our ecological environment. The course outline for the Advanced Diploma in Industrial Design is listed below, along with the modules, duration, and detailed explanation for each module.
- Obtained at least grade C6 in English, Elementary Mathematics, Science (any one subject of pure science or any combined science) + 1 additional subject at GCE O Level or ITE Nitec with – GPA 3.0 or equivalent.
- Applicant who does not meet the above requirement but has minimum 5 years working experience in the relevant field may also be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Pass with Grade 5 and above in English at GCE N(A) Level OR Grade D and above for GCE N(T) level OR D7 and above in English at GCE O Level OR equivalent.
16 and above
- 4 months (Full TIme)
- 7 months (Part Time)
Mode of Delivery:
Instructor led, classroom based training
Method of Assessment:
Project & Examination
Average Teacher to Student Ratio:
- Successful completion of the prescribed academic unit requirement as set out by the program curriculum.
- A minimum GPA of 2.00 is required at the end of the final study.
- Attendance of minimum 75%
Advanced Diploma from St.Hua Private School
- Introduction And Theory of Industrial Design
- Design & Globalization
- Elementary Computer Aided Design
- Design Aesthetics Implementation
- Advanced Computer Aided Design
- Product Simulation
- Product Planning and Development
- Interior Design
- Managing Projects