This course is designed to bring experienced users and developers up to speed quickly to working in a Linux environment.
This course covers system application development using C programming language and Linux OS managment using Bash Shell Scripting.
- A grasp of the system architecture, including the roles of and choice of graphical environments and desktop managers.
- Sources of documentation and help.
- Available editors.
- Working with files and directories and manipulating their contents.
- Control of user accounts, passwords, etc.
- Filesystems and access rights
- Using bash and other command shells.
- Installation methods and options.
- Software management, packaging, patching and upgrading.
- Command shells, user directories, environments, etc.
- Partitioning and filesystems.
- System boot and initialization and service management.
- Understanding the usage of major components such as memory and swap.
- Networking and threading models.
- Available tools including file transfer tools, debugging and tracing aids, log files, and performance and monitoring tools.
- Aspects of compiling and using libraries.
- Working with Java under Linux.