This course teaches the Theory & Concepts, and Practice. The Theory & Concepts guide discusses the theory, background, and workflows used in Autodesk Moldflow Insight to teach students to apply Moldflow analysis techniques to their parts.
- Navigate and use the Interface.
- Complete a Cool, Fill + Pack + Warp analysis.
- Step through the general process for analysis projects.
- Use flow charts to discuss optimization of filling, packing, and warpage of a part.
- Meshing workflow.
- Gate placement guidelines and gate location analysis.
- Conducting and interpreting a molding window analysis.
- Types, manipulation, and interpretation of results.
- Working with runners (designs, modeling, and balancing)
- Procedures to set a packing profile.
- Advanced options for a flow analysis.
- Using Autodesk Moldflow Communicator.
- Overview and working with thermoplastics and the injection molding process
- Using finite elements with Moldflow.
- Creating HTML, PowerPoint, and Word based reports of an analysis.
- Creating part models, feed systems, and cooling channels.
- Flow behavior.
- Using the modeling tools.
- Searching and comparing materials.
- Designing flow leaders and flow deflectors.
- Using valve gates.